I've often read of parents having a tradition of taking pictures of their children every year on the first day of the school. So today I proudly give you a picture of Cruz right before he went to his first day of preschool.
Needless to say, Sue and I greeted this day with great trepidation. Up to this point, Cruz always has had at least one-to-one adult supervision. Now we were going to throw him into an unusual environment where the ratio jumps to one-to-ten.
Luckily, we had a few things going for us. Cruz' friend, Solly, already attends the preschool so he had a familiar face there waiting for him. Plus, he'd already been there a few times on "play visits" so the setting wasn't entirely foreign.
Plus, we chickened out and had our nanny stay there the whole time on his first day.
And he loved it.
He didn't care when I dropped him off. Granted, our nanny was still there, but still he didn't make a fuss. And he didn't even need our nanny that much. We'll continue to have the nanny go with Cruz this week, but I think next week it'll be the real deal.
They always say that the first day of daycare or preschool is always harder on the parents than the child. So true.
Hope Cruz had a good experience on his first day of school like his Dad. We remember your Dad was looking forward each day going to preschool in Montessori and to McDonald afterward.
ReplyDeleteLolo and Lola