Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Cruz-isms

As Cruz' ability to communicate has improved, we've noticed quite a few cute things that he likes to do and say.

  • 9 months ago I took some tennis classes. For a little while around then whenever I told him I was leaving for work, he'd start a tennis swing motion. I think he thought I was a tennis pro.
  • He used to call both Lolo and Lola "Brr-brr." Today it has morphed to "Yo-yo" for my dad. My mom is still called "Brr-brr" however, with a faint "-uh" at the end.
  • If I do something that he finds funny or goofy, he exclaims, "Oh Papa!"
  • His favorite number used to be "9." If you asked him how old he was, he'd excitedly say "Nine!" If you followed with "Really?" he'd then go on to respond "Noooooooo."
  • His current favorite number is "2." Show him that there are two of something, two grapes, two books, etc. he'll enthusiastically point and say "TWOOOOO!!" Nevermind the fact there could be three or four of those things and he'll still say "two."
  • "B,C,C" is really "A,B,C" and he tries to sing along now. This just started happening, along with him being interested not just in the pictures, but the actual words in a book. Maybe preschool really is teaching him something after all...
  • And speaking of letters, his favorite two right now are "B" and "I." He likes to chant them while doing a little dance. And this little show usually takes place in his crib. Of course he could be singing about something else, but we're not sure.




(FYI, I actually have over 5 minutes of video of him doing this.)

12/4/11 Update:
I just wanted to add this extra tidbit for posterity. Cruz is likely going to be a roller coaster lover. At Happy Hollow, a little amusement park/zoo that's meant for kids, there's a roller coaster that Cruz has yet to ride. He isn't tall enough yet. But he loves to stop and watch it run. I don't know why I didn't post this earlier, but he loves to hold his hands up whenever he's in his car seat and we're going down a hill. Sometimes he says "wee!" as well.

1 comment:

  1. cute!...maybe BI for B-I-N-G-O--ethan LOVES that song, cruz could have learned it in school?

    ReplyDelete