Friday, June 17, 2011

Potty Time


Almost 3 years ago I bought my dSLR knowing that Sue and I start trying to have a child within the next year or so. If you asked me back then if I'd use that camera to take a picture of a tiny bit of urine, I would have thought you were crazy.

Yet here I am, not only having taken a picture of a tiny bit of urine, but also proudly posting it on the internet for all to see.

A few weeks ago we bought Cruz some potty chairs. We didn't want to pressure Cruz into toilet training, but also wanted to have them available so that he would get comfortable with them. And while I doubt that Cruz is going to be fully potty trained anytime soon, Sue and I were so pleasantly surprised this evening when he sat down on it and ended up peeing a tiny bit.

He was surprised when it started, mainly startled by the sound of the urine hitting the plastic. But Sue's calm and reassuring voice (even though she wanted to burst out clapping) kept him from standing up before he was finished.

Oh, and don't worry about me posting any pictures when he poops in the potty for the first time...

No comments:

Post a Comment