Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!!


It's still before midnight, so technically it's still Mother's Day here in California. I just wanted to publicly wish Sue a Happy Mother's Day! I couldn't ask for a better friend, wife, or mother for Cruz. Sue, he misses you in your absence and brightens in your presence, as do I.

Now everyone else might be wondering how I treated and pampered Sue for Mother's Day. Well, I can honestly say that Sue did not prepare any meal, clean any dish, or have ANY childcare duty this whole weekend, not just today. Nope, not one poopy diaper was changed by her. No marathon book reading sessions had to be endured.

I should go on to admit that Cruz and I had a bachelor's weekend as Sue was in Chicago for a conference. But she also got to celebrate Mother's Day with my own mom, as well as a mom-to-be, my sister Rochelle, who is expecting a boy in August. Sue helped host Rochelle's baby shower.



Cruz and I bookended the weekend by watching hockey, which to him is probably more special because of the fact that I'm letting him watch TV for once, rather than rooting for the my favorite team, the Detroit Red Wings. Though, I do have to say that his eyes did light up when he realized that one of the teams on the TV was wearing the same jersey as he was. And Cruz did clap with delight when Red Wing defenseman Niklas Kronwall laid a big hit on Shark forward Ryane Clowe.


We also went to our town's Children's Fantasy Faire. Our town is always looking for a reason to have kid-friendly events. Seriously. The picture at the beginning of the post is from our town's Easter Egg Hunt. Anyway, Cruz went with his friend Solomon and together they played and watched slightly older kids perform on stage.

It was some good bonding time for Cruz and I, but I will be glad when Sue comes home to her family.

1 comment:

  1. Great photos! Cruz is getting so big! He looks amazing in his red wings jersey! hahaha...

    ReplyDelete