Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sleeping beauty


Just wanted to update everyone on Cruz' sleep status. The first night we did the sleep training, he cried for 45 minutes. The next, 5 minutes. The third night, he cried for 1 minute. I am now a true believer of the Cry It Out Method - essentially, he had to teach himself how to fall asleep. He now sleeps throughout the night though he does still wake up pretty early in the morning (4:30-5 AM). The next thing we need to work on is his naps though it's more difficult since the nanny is the one who deals with it most of the time.
On the job front, Ben and I are trying to figure out our job options. It's pretty bleak in the Bay Area for the both of us which is upsetting since we wanted to stay here. Our only option for permanent jobs for the both of us is in Honolulu which initially sounds like a nice idea but it's far away and as was recently evidenced, they have tsunami's. I think however I would prefer a tsunami to a bay area earthquake! At least one can prepare and run to the grocery store to get toilet paper and spam!

2 comments:

  1. Is the pre-tsunami run on toilet paper and Spam the Hawaiian equivalent of the run on bread and milk before a snowstorm in the Northeast?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes anonymous...it is the equivalent. I think i would personally go hungry for a couple of days rather than run out of t.p.

    ReplyDelete