It's hard to believe, but Cruz turned four yesterday! It has been an unbelievable combination of time flying by so quickly, juxtaposed with all of the things he has experienced, leaving an impression of just how far he's come.
With this birthday party coming next week, we asked Cruz what he wanted to do for his actual birthday. His request: ride a
pedal boat.
A while back we did a mini-hike around
Vasona Lake and saw the
boat house, stocked with sail boats, kayaks and pedal boats. I don't know what jogged his memories about the pedal boats months later, but for a week or so he just had to ride a pedal boat.
 |
| Cruz' Birthday = Train Ride |
So yesterday we met up with his best friend, Solly, at Oak Meadow Park. We got a couple of train rides in, but the real highlight was the pedal boating. Sue stayed ashore to take pictures. There was also the fact that Whitney refused to wear the life preserver. I'd like to say that it was a nice relaxing
outing. It probably was from Cruz' perspective. But I slogged away under the hot sun, with no cover and an extra 200+ pounds of dead weight. Still, it made Cruz happy so it was definitely worth the effort.
 |
| Cruz Birthday also equals boat rides? |
Cruz liked it so much that Sue got a turn on the water with him (no extra weight though), today. No pictures, I stayed with Whitney at the playground while all that was happening.
 |
| "I love boats!" |
Needless to say, Cruz had a memorable birthday and we're happy to oblige to such simple and earnest requests.
 |
| Happy Birthday Cruz! |
Aww, happy bday cruz! sorry we missed your party!!
ReplyDelete