The week of July 4th, Cruz'
preschool usually is closed. Thus, Sue usually takes the week off. This time she planned a whole "
staycation." With Rosario, our nanny, working the first few days of the week, Sue was able to plan some fun activities for Cruz while Rosario took care of Whitney.
Pretty much every preschool-age boy loves trains. So Sue and Carlin, the mom of Cruz' best friend Solly (who happens to go to the same preschool), got to indulge their fascination by meeting up and taking the kids on a train extravaganza.
It began with first a trip on the
light rail to downtown San Jose. There they took the
Caltrain up to San Francisco.
 |
| "I love trains" |
They hung out right where the train drops off, which is right down the street from
AT&T Park, home to the San Francisco Giants.
 |
| This is what happens when you ask two little boys to "pose" for the camera |
As it turns out, they were even able to go in the park and play where the bleachers are. Of course they got to ride the trains in reverse on their way back home.
 |
| Bonus "train!" A cable car that's in the park! |
Another trip that the moms took the kids on was a strawberry picking excursion to
Swanton Berry Farm. Sue and I took Cruz there last year and we loved it so much we figured we could make an annual trek. Sue & Cruz showed Carlin & Solly the Davenport beach afterwards.
|
Unlike last year, Cruz was actually helpful in strawberry picking this time |
The actual Fourth of July, I had off. So as a family we hung out at our fitness club's family pool with another family. (No, it wasn't Solly and his family) After we separated for naps, we met up again at our house for dinner.
The last day of Sue's staycation was spent hiking. Sue, Whitney & Cruz, met up with Carlin, Solly & his younger sister Thea, and they all went to
Big Basin Redwoods State Park to go on a hike. I hear that the pictures don't do justice to the majesty of the trees. I can't wait to go myself with the family.
 |
| Happy Hikers |
 |
| "I don't know why this show isn't more popular." |
 |
| This is what Cruz is seeing: Solly and Whitney singing and dancing on stage |
 |
| Whitney: "I like to squat next to babies." |
Thanks to Sue for doing such a wonderful job taking care of the kids while on "vacation."
looks like fun!
ReplyDeleteSo adorable and what great pics! I like that the squat is just an innate sitting position for Korean babies.
ReplyDeleteSo adorable and what great pics! I like that the squat is just an innate sitting position for Korean babies.
ReplyDelete