Thursday, December 9, 2010

New talents


Wow! I can't believe that over a month has passed since our last entry. I went back to work on November 1st so it's been a bit of an adjustment for me. I really like my patient population and the organization where I work (Palo Alto Medical Foundation) is a great one. Ben and I also both took our boards in October and November. So, we've had a really busy fall.

Cruz had a great Thanksgiving with Auntie Jen and Uncle Chris who flew in from New York. Ben made a juicy turkey that he had been massaging and brining the week prior and we invited our friends from San Jose. Instead of shopping, we spent the Friday afterwards at the California Academy of Sciences where Cruz met Claude, the albino alligator.

Cruz' vocabulary has been increasing beyond Mom and Dad to include.....cheese, dog and balloon! He has a new nanny who hopefully will continue to teach him Spanish. Our nanny search has been really stressful since moving. We hired an initial woman who demanded a pay raise within two weeks of working, so we fired her.
Then we hired another woman - she sprained her ankle the day before she was supposed to start and would be on crutches for four weeks so we had to fire her before she even started! So, we have just started with our newest nanny who we are hopeful will last! Childcare is so complicated!


1 comment: