Then we realized that he was teething! (We'll leave that as the subject of a later post)
Chew toys might help placate the boy for a little while, but there was one thing, one simple thing, that would almost assuredly make Cruz happy no matter how upset he became.
Cruz loves riding on my shoulders.
I discovered this months ago, but never has it been so useful until recently. If Cruz is upset, I simply hoist him over my head, maneuver his legs to either side of my head and next thing you know his cries are turning into happy yelps.
What this all means though is that I end up getting a lot of drool on top of my head. And recently Cruz has discovered that he can be up close and personal with one of my eyeballs (see second picture). He hasn't tried to grab one yet, but he's come dangerously close. But all that is worth it to bring a smile to his face when he needs it.
No comments:
Post a Comment